The Jonard Tools patented and award-winning FOD-2000 Fiber Optic Drop Cable Slitter simplifies the slitting of drop cable jackets at mid span or end sections. The drop cable slitter can separate the jacket and strength members from a buffer tube while leaving the fiber undamaged. It is ideal for FTTH technicians working with flat fiber drop cables.
- Designed to slit 0.250 in. flat drop cables and 0.305 in. to 0.350 in. wide by 0.155 in. to 0.185 in. high flat cables, typically found in Corning SST-Drop flat cables with a jacket thickness of 0.03 in. to 0.04 in.
- Slits both sides of the jacket simultaneously allowing easy access to fiber or strength members
- Can separate the jacket and strength members from the buffer tube leaving fiber undamaged
- Two reversible blades come pre assembled and can be reversed when worn for double life, replacement blades (FOD-RB25) can be purchased separately
- NSPE New Product Award 2010
- Easy to use
- Weight – 0.207 lbs.
- Joint Type: Fixed Joint
- Electrical Tools Features: No Additional Features
- Number of Pieces: 1
- Tools Product Type: Hand Tool
- Handle Material: Plastic
- Jaw Capacity: 0
- Hand Tool Type: Wire Stripper/Cutter
- Jaw Tip Size: 0
- Individual/Set: Individual
- Product Height (in.): 7.00 in
- Product Depth (in.): 2.00 in
- Product Width (in.): 3.25 in
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including arsenic, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov